In pregnancy, I found the M Coat to look a bit bulky on my small frame, but it was comfortable and kept me very warm. Except for my legs which were used to being covered by a knee length winter jacket.
For babywearing, I absolutely love it. The jacket is nice so I have no problems wearing it as my primary jacket, which means I can just pack the panel in my diaper bag with a carrier and I'm ready to take baby for a walk no matter where I go.
|Going for a walk in -10C with our 10lbs 8 week old son|
|Walking in -5C with our 10 week old|
- Fits well without the panel, no one would know that its made for babywearing
- Pockets hold a lot which is useful when wearing your baby
- The panel fits the jacket perfectly, no messing with the positioning of a panel that wasn't made for your jacket
- The panel is perfectly designed to shield your baby's head from the wind
- The panel can easily be folded down for nicer days or for an older baby so he can look around
- Machine washable
- Sleeves are made very short; I always need to wear mitts with this jacket
- Pockets don't allow you to just put your hands in them as the opening is on top, not on the side
- Pockets are bulky in pregnancy and add width where you don't need extra width!
- The length is too short for cold winter days, and as baby grows his legs will become too long to fit under the jacket
- The panel is a fixed width and can only be tightened in one spot, which is fine for babywearing, but for pregnancy makes it quite big when you're in that awkward in-between stage where your current jackets don't fit but you aren't showing significantly; both coat extensions offer a way to make the width smaller
- The jacket and panel can't be cinched at the bottom, so babies legs can get a bit chilly in colder weather. That's why wearing a big sweater on top of both of us works really well
Would I buy it again? Absolutely. However, I was able to find a used jacket in new condition at half price. At full price, I'd consider getting myself a warmer, long length, Canada Goose jacket with a Kokoala panel if I'm pregnant again in winter. Yes, its a splurge, but these jackets are extremely warm and you get the extra length.
Post a Comment