Sweet Potato Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Delicious bite-sized allergy-friendly muffins for your baby to bite into! These are dairy free, egg free, nut free and gluten free so long as you use gluten free rolled oats or oat flour.
Yield: 24 mini muffins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup oat flour (or 1 1/4 cup rolled oats, ground into flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- In a large bowl, mix chia seeds and water. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Mash banana. Mix banana and sweet potato puree into chia seeds.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into greased mini-muffin tins. You can fill them almost to the top as they don’t raise very much. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. If you don't have mini muffin tins, you can fill large muffin tins up to about 1/2 inch.
Post a Comment